Carrot Cake Recipe
2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (100 grams) grated carrot
1/2 cup (50 grams) chopped pecans or walnuts
See also:Chinese Chickpea Salad
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x2 inch baking pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot and chopped nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pans. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake plain or with a cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake Recipe Video Example:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 ounces (225 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (240 grams) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake.